Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy New Year!!!

I know I said I was back months ago, but hopefully this time it's for real. Things have been somewhat challenging and I'm been finding absolutely no down time, let alone craft time. But it's a new year so that means new me :)

I hope you've all been having a fabulous Christmas and New Year. We've all been full of cold, so not as merry as I would of liked, but it's been nice not to be at work. The upshot is I've made some cards over the last two days wooooooohooooo!!! House is a complete bomb, but that's what tomorrow's for (and tomorrow never comes...)


Today's card uses a fab new image I bought from Lili of the Valley. Their store is closed for the holiday, so I can't check what it's called!  I've coloured with my copics and mounted on some gorgeous dp which is Memory Box's Gossamer (My sister's tooth fairy was called Gossamer, but I digress!) I'm totally in love with this paper as you will see by the number of cards I'm going to post over the next few days featuring it. I may have to buy some more...The lace is from Wild Orchid Crafts, the flowers are prima and the sentiment is craftwork cards.

The theme over at LOTV is new beginnings, as this is a new stamp, I'm going to have a punt. Wish me luck!

Now I have a question for you. What method do you use for sticking lace to your cards? I have so many different glues, but none of them seemed to be the tool for the job. Please leave a comment, letting me know your adhesive of choice - ta

I apologise in advance for the dodgy photos that are going to be appearing over the next few days. I need a daylight lamp!

Enjoy the remains of your holiday.
See you soon (for real this time)
Nxxx

3 comments:

  1. Nic? Nic who?
    Ha! I thought you'd left the country, so I'm very pleased to see you back in blogland....I've missed you (especially on a Wednesday )
    Beautiful card Nic, I love these LOTV images and Memory Box Gossamer is one of my faves...don't like to tell you it's been discontinued!
    Lace..I tend to stick mine down with score pal tape but I only put the tape under where you've stuck the image and then wrap the ends under the dp and tape it down at the back of the dp. Does that makes sense? Thought not!
    Hope to see you back again soon
    Love Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Elaine, I'm sure you're the only person who will have even noticed I've been missing ;)
    DISCONTINUED - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! right, off to do a spot of shopping and I was determined to curb my spending a little. I fear I'm going to be selling some neglected stamps at this rate :(

    Your lace sticking methodology makes perfect sense. Thank you for your tip top feedback, I'll give it a go next time.

    Nxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card, love the image and colours you have used. Thanks for joining our ‘New Beginnings’ challenge at LOTV this week, hope to see you next week. Good Luck!

    The stamp is called 'Rosie With cake' and I stick my lace down with Tacky Glue or extra strong tape.

    Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...